Saturday, December 21, 2013

True Happiness or Sadness? Rituals gift set review

Welcome on the first review of products!
 
This review is about the 'True Happiness' gift set of Rituals.

A lovely friend gave it to me on my birthday, and I thought this might be a great opportunity for me to tell you all about the products in that set. This review is my personal experience with the products, but it's supported by facts.
Ready? Here we go!
 
A little information about the brand Rituals.
Their vision on their product is to transform the dull daily life routines into little moments to enjoy, without too much effort. And they want to support creating those moments. Is it true? well let's find out..
 



On your right you see the True Happiness
Gift set. OK! so whats in it??
(from left to right):

-Shower foam  Happy Buddha
-Shower  Oil Fortune Oil
-Body cream  Touch of Happiness
-Body scrub  Good Luck Scrub



OVER ALL IMPRESSION:
So over all I think it looks neat. But I might think that a product could have been used at purchase because of the front that's left open. I do like the contrast with the bright Orange with the black. very smart! It's really an eye catcher and suits the theme perfectly
It's also a good size to get familiar with a product, without being forced to stick with the product for a long time.(sounds familiar?)
I got this as a present and yes I knowww I shouldn't know the price but I want to tell you as much information as I can so I cheated...just a little...
The price of this set is € 16,50 in total and it's a perfect price for weather it's a besty, family, friends etc.etc. hey, were all in the financial crisis right?! Better watch out with spending!




 

SHOWER FOAM:
name: Happy Buddha
scent: Organic Mandarin & Yuzu.
And I find that the scent of the organic mandarin indeed is true. It smells like someone is eating mandarin ha ha. But of course the scent is lighter than that. I also find the scent refreshing and there is a hint of green tea in it. Not sure if that's just me though.
About the consistency, I had a different expectation before trying it. I thought it would be the same foam that you would get when your rinsing your hands from the fluid soap. But NO! it's more thick. Some what like shaving foam! it really stays on the skin and gets thicker when you rub it into the skin.
I do have to say I think I would prefer another scent. but besides that I really like this product. The benefit of this product is that your skin will be less dried out after using it then using a fluid soap. Fluid soap is more concentrated and harsh for the skin then the foam soap. I still would suggest a body moisturizer afterwards, but it helps you with preventing skin irritation.
After rinsing it off and towel drying, the scent still is present but not too strong. Smells fresh but still wearable in combination with perfume. Pretty nice!
1 of 10: 8
 
CARING SHOWER OIL:
name: Fortune oil
scent: Sweet Orange & Cedar Wood
About the scent, it smells more artificial. It's more like a perfume with a hint of orange. To be honest I couldn't tell any scent of cedar wood in this product.
What I do like, is that this product is on a oil base. It is soap but it moisturizes the skin perfectly. As you might know oil bounces of water so the soap will be removed but the feeding oil will stick to the skin (so rinse well!) I think this product is good on its own. perfect for when your in a hurry! Because of the oil you won't be needing a body lotion or some sort. I do think the scent is stays strong on the skin. I would have preferred a more soft scent.
1 of 10: 5





BODYLOTION:
name: Touch of Happiness
scent: Sweet Orange & Cedar Wood

I LOVE the scent of this body lotion. You recognize the scent of oranges and the cedar wood. The scent is strong but it is balanced so well.
The only thing that you might want to know is that it contains perfume/fragrance. So avoid it when you buy body lotions if you have a sensitive skin. Or when your allergic to perfume.What i do like about this body lotion  is that it has Orange fruit extract. Which means there are a lot of vitamin C in it and orange is throughout known to cure dried out skin and brightening it up.
 As I put the cream on, it's very light and moisturizing. It absorbs quick and doesn't leave that sticky feeling afterwards. I do find my skin softer after applying.
I must say I really like this product.
1 of 10: 7
 

SCRUB:
name: Good Luck Scrubscent: Sweet Orange & Cedar WoodThe scent of the scrub is quiet the same as the shower oil. I cant really tell that there is cedar wood in it. The scrub is basically Sugar mixed with an oil. I think that this scrub is a little to rough for my skin. but I do like the feel of the oil that's in there. after showering I didn't need any lotion. So its definitely moisturizing! but then again I don't really like the scent of the scrub. Its too much and too sharp scented. And we don't want to smell like something you don't like right? It does contain allot of really rich nourishing oils. So if you have a very dried out skin which flakes this is a good solution. 1 of 10: 4


Well that was all there was in the gift set of Rituals! I hope you found it usefull. Thank you for reading!
 
 







 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment